Friday, January 31, 2014

S.O.B.A. 1.0

Sweet success! With roughly 0 days to go I've wrapped up the 1.0 version of S.O.B.A. It used to stand for:

Single-Player
Offline
Battle
Arena

but I should change the name to Son Of a Bitch Arena.

Definitely an ambitious goal set, but in this case, goal set, goal met. It's a big step up from my last month project. The code is a bit cleaner, the scope of the game is quite a bit larger, the production value is a bit better, even though it could stand a month of just polish and be better for it.

Enough chat, here is a 10 minute playthrough.



I'm going to enjoy a couple of well earned days of slacking and then it's on to the February challenge. For February I'm going to do a puzzle-quest style game, hopefully with some RPG elements. I'm not going to push myself as hard as I did on this one. I want to be more disciplined with the scope and try and get a more polished game out.

No comments:

Post a Comment