Sunday, December 8, 2013

One Game a Month Entry

I've decided to work on a One Game a Month entry to put a finished project in my portfolio. The game is a riff off of PacMan, but I'm going to alter the mechanics enough that it should play quite differently.

I'll also document development on this blog. My process will be to get a functional game up and running, primarily with programmer art and royalty free sounds I make or find online, and then I'll hopefully get to spend quite a bit of time on polish.

I started December 1st and have until December 31st to complete the project. As of the eighth I'm probably 7 or 8 good days of coding away from being able to say "game"



Once I've gotten to the point where you can actually "win" and "lose" I'll start working on the mechanics and try and maximize the fun. After that, time allowing, I'll replace the programmer art with something that is higher quality and put proper animations and User interface skins in.

No comments:

Post a Comment